Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Portrait of an artist and her rat in the painting and mosaic studio of Janet Keen, Rotorua, New Zealand.




All sorts of people with different styles of art are made to feel welcome and accepted into my painting and mosaic studio. 
Even their pet rats. 
So far four people have come for lessons and bought their dogs. 
This is the first time I've had a rat pupil
She was really well behaved.



This is Kyra's take on a victorian rat. 
We may be doing other rat illustrations. 
I will post one I commissioned one of my clients to do for me of a rat resting on a couch in my studio. 


Of course now I want a pet rat. 
It's the loveliest feeling to have a rats whiskers caressing your fingers and the trembly sensation of a warm little rats tail running along your hand sends warm shivers up your spine. 
As usual my cat Gary and my husband Graham are not in favour of it so I   guess I'll just have to adore other people's rats from afar. 

Creative Quote of the Day
“The flute of the Pied Piper of Hamelin has never left us and it is essential that we train our ear to detect its false notes because in our case the flute is being played by the rats.”
Dimitris Mita


Enrol your child in my after school programme on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays. They will never be bored, they will have a lot of fun and they will be enriched by  the experience. 

Phone 07 3463435 or email jkeen@clear.net.nz  

 This is my latest pupil Chloe. 



 What a delight Chloe is because she's a deep thinker and very sensitive and loves art. 
Here is her morepork. 
And here is the comment that her mother sent me via the email. 


Chloe was over the moon with her time with you just chatting and being creative.

I haven't seen her this excited in a long time and that pleases my soul. 
She is my special girl  she, can't stop talking about her next class and how she wished she could go every day.

Thanks for spending time with her and being so positive!


Kind Regards,

Melissa

With Chloe I am setting her homework from childrens illustrated books and we are trying  to put different media on owls. She gave me a lovely card before she even got to class. I feel like she is a person who has been sent to me by God. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STOP holding yr rats like that! learn how to do this properly.