Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Be happier in 21 days




Try these daily exercises for 21 days and see how much happier you are.  I am going to do it and report back to you the success I have been having.
     

    Being happy for happiness sake, is this not enough of a buy in for you?
     If not watch his TEDs talk on my next post and see how inspired you will be.
    It's utterly amazing,  by Shaun Achor





    You will see that if you are happier you produce more endorphins and serotonin which helps with all sorts of areas in the brain like productivity, setting and meeting goals and overall success.
    When you reach your goals you will be happier

    This is why I am doing it. I want to be happier but I also want to be more successful so I can go overseas and have amazing travel experiences .

    If  I'm happier I feel like getting out of my comfort zone and trying harder.
      
Recall three things you’re grateful for.


After doing this for 21 days, people’s brains begin to “retain a pattern of scanning the world not for the negative, but for the positive first


  • Journal one great experience you had.
     “Journaling about one positive experience you’ve had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to relive it.”


    Exercise.
    “Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters”, and it helps you solidify the connection between your actions and their rewards. Exercise is also a great way to focus better.


    Meditate
    We find that meditation allows your brain to get over the cultural ADHD that we’ve been creating by trying to do multiple tasks at once. It allows our brains to focus on the task at hand.”

    Perform a random act of kindness. It doesn’t matter if your act of kindness is buying a coffee for the person after you in line, volunteering, or sending a positive email. Achor gets “people, when they open up their inbox, to write one positive email, praising or thanking someone in their social support network.”making them much happier.



    If you want to join me on this exercise for 21 days feel free to contact me on jkeen@clear.net.nz  See me on facebook at  janetkeenartist (Link is to the right) Creative Quote of the Week

    “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.”

    Abraham Lincoln

      No comments: